Monday, May 30, 2011

Just a Start

Today's a good day to start.  Had a nice phone call with the bank this morning, the one that holds the loan on our RV.  We've been wanting to make payments, but with my wife out of work for more than a year, we've fallen behind.  She just found work, so now we can start paying again--and the bank doesn't want our money unless we can come up with $5,000.  In the past two years, I've been laid off for six months, and my wife for twelve, yet we kept up payments as long as we could, even to the point of going without just to pay.  And now some not-so-friendly guy with an accusatory attitude who has never met me or my wife tells me we have to come up with 5K in order to keep it, because they won't accept the $500 a month we're now able to pay when my wife starts working.

How does this make sense?  We've told them all along that we'll start paying when we can; now we can, and they don't want our money.  And they want to take the RV now, even though we've never received any notice that they plan on repossessing it.  Phone calls like this with comfortably employed people in an office somewhere are infuriating, and the situation makes me wonder what else we could have done.  Where there's no money, obviously, there's no opportunity to pay. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment